A quick, easy, healthy & yummy recipe!
PREP 15m | COOK 15/20m | READY IN 30m
- 1 small pumpkin or butternut squash (any kind) – 400gr
- 4 carrots
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 shallots finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of roasted coconut flakes
- 1/2 litre of water or vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons of chopped coriander
- salt & black pepper
- 4 pitta breads
- olive oil
01. Peel and chop the carrots and squash into 3cm chunks.
Put the coconut oil in a large saucepan and heat the finely chopped shallots and garlic over medium heat until softened, stirring occasionally. Add the coconut flakes to the shallots and heat for 1-2 minutes until coloured slightly. Add the turmeric to the pan, and cook out for 30 seconds.
02. Add the carrots and squash to the pan, followed by the water or vegetable stock. Ensure the vegetables have at least 2cm of water above them, topping up with water if necessary to achieve this. Add half of the coriander, season, and turn up the heat to bring to a boil. Simmer for around 15/20 mins until vegetables are softened.
03. Whilst the vegetables are cooking, slice open the pittas and pop in a warm oven or toaster to warm. A drizzle of extra virgin olive oil works well if using the oven.
04. Take the pan off the heat and allow to cool slightly. Add the rest of the coriander, and blitz until smooth using a hand blender or by pouring into a kitchen-top blender. Check the seasoning, and serve with a sprinkle of finely chopped rosemary and/or some roasted coconut flakes.